Sunday, September 28, 2008

In 3's

I think we all are gifted a talent that we squander with neglect, the desire for one we don't believe we'll ever have, and one we use but don't enjoy.

What makes you an artist is embracing one of those and making it the expression of your Human.

What have you always wanted to do, but don't think you have the resources/courage/physical skillset for?

I'm curious, but it's also important to identify these to yourself in order to live the deepest. :)

What I have but don't cultivate: Photography
What I want: To love my instrument, whatever it is. To be a Songwriter/Composer/Performer.
One I have that I don't really enjoy: Writing.

I have the capacity to change the world in word, but I'm so goddamn afraid of criticism that I'll neglect it, settle for something else. Something expensive. X_X

If it weren't so personal, it wouldn't matter. Time to step up to fear and do something to what I have to give, naturally. My words. I want to put them to music, but I've never made ANYTHING worth listening, despite 6 years of musical training and theory.

What do you burn for?

1 comment:

Cait said...

This is reminding me of the rebelution (www.therebelution.com) - do hard things. challenge yourself. don't sit and be typical and not grow yourself.
two completely different approaches, but the humanness remains the same.