Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pro-Home

Photobucket



Dear Fujifilm:

I am a Senior at the Las Vegas Academy of Performing and Visual Arts in Las Vegas, NV. Aside from being a conceptual photographer, I also humbly associate myself with the description of a Civil Rights Activist. My aim is to convince my Senator and Congresswoman to vote YES! on the Bring America Home Act which would bring affordable housing, a liveable minimum wage, universal health care, and the right to vote to the homeless population of America. If you'd like more information on the act, please visit:


Bringing America Home

I plan to actualize my goal with an art project I recently conceived: I'd like to pass out 25 disposable cameras to single, homeless men (whom in my perceptions are denied the most aid) via a local soup kitchen. I will ask the men to take pictures of their meals, where they sleep, take a self portrait, and photograph their friends, asking them to return the cameras to me in a week's time. Upon the returning of the spent rolls to the soup kitchen, I would develop the prints and make a collage to display at a monthly art festival that receives a respectable amount of publicity. I already have an affiliate with the event who is wiling to give me gallery space and press coverage: All I'm missing is the essentials to begin the project.

Fujifilm, I'd really appreciate a donation of 25 QuickSnap One Time Use cameras in order to begin the process of taking these citizens off of the streets and putting them into Homes of their own. I pledge to send you coverage of the event and a picture of the completed art work, which I will title "The Strong and the Week"(intentional 'misspelling'), as well as display your logo at the gallery with a big fat "Thanks!" Card. You'll get a picture of that, too!

Thank you so much for your time- I hope to hear from you soon.

Humbly,

Krystal Beveridge




=================================

Wish me luck, Guys! If they deny me the donation, I'll appeal to Harry Reid (who happens to be Nevada's Senator, as well as the head of Congress.

Universe=Loves me.
I=Love you.


No comments: